Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Princess Poem

Through the plastic
slanted shades
lies the snowfort
broken and brave
it's drawbridge
leading me to the moon where my
throne awaits in the curve
of darkness and
silent dreams
floating like bubbles,
permeable,
so breakable,
they cannot be touched
or the delicate skin shatters,
evaporates,
and disappears
they are the secrets
of a sleeping body,
an inmate in her cell
finally free

My guard is the
night in all its
black armor,
the sky
hear the trumpets,
blaring like sirens,
announcing the sun,
introducing the light,
wake up princess of the stars

Through the plastic
slanted shades
rises the sun
brilliant and brave,
a glass slipper
visible on the brink
of the horizon

Micaela Rose

2 comments:

Tom said...

Micaela:

You are writing far beyond your age. Keep your thoughts flowing like a river, a waterfall; you will never run out of pages. I love this language and the way you make it dance.

Love dad

nancy said...

Miceala Rose...I love your choice of words, how you combine, arrange, and bring life through them. Of all the words you used, I love the last two best: Micaela Rose.