Friday, March 14, 2008

Marching Bands of Manhattan

"I wish we could open our eyes to see in all directions at the same time. Oh what a beautiful view, if you were never aware of what was around you." Death Cab for Cutie's Marching Bands of Manhattan plays in my head, filling up the quietness of the windy afternoon.


These words amplify the atmosphere around me. Electric waves set a medium tone throughout the room. The empty space is filled up with words that make my thoughts protrude to the front of my mind. I am in Manhattan when I hear this song, clapping in tune with the band coming round the corner, their simultaneous stomps rythmically slapping down the crowded streets of the isle of Manhattan.








5 comments:

Shawn said...

Micaela-

You have stellar taste in music.

M. Branhardt said...

thanks-
this song is thanks to you
see you easter?

Jay and Sara said...

Micaela,
I heard (through Papa Ron) that you and the boys were sick yesterday - so was I! It's the pits isn't it? Hopefully you are all feeling much better. I had fun on Sunday!
Sara

Jay and Sara said...

Micaela-
I also heard you won another award for your writing! Congrats on winning the state level in your age group! Now - on to the National award! I would love to read what you wrote...
Sara

M. Branhardt said...

yeah, actually I have been sick since Monday night. I just started feeling better yesterday (Friday). I am going to post my letter here.