Saturday, February 2, 2008

Land

Do we love this land?

Do we, really?

Not because of oil deposits and room for more houses, new and big. But do we look at it, and are we glad we landed here?

I never have. I've thought, "it's pretty," and enjoyed its sunsets, but I never really saw it. Then, an image made me realize its full potential beauty.

Pivture driving out in the countryside on a mild december night. The sky a slate gray color, and stars bright. Our winter sun had set. The tall grasses were laden with snow, and caressed by a light wind. Black plateaus and hills rolled across the land in an endless stretch, rythmically moving with the grasses. The only light cast from our own headlights.

Later, as we climbed a hill I looked down, and saw the twinkling light s of our city. A few shrubslined the black road. the land seemed to breath with me. Its heart beat with mine. It was alive. And I felt it too.

No comments: